The Advisory Committee of the NCST
The Advisory Committee was established under the approval of the board of commissioners. The committee functions to provide guidance to the Secretariat out side of board scheduled meetings.
Meetings are ad hoc, this to facilitate decisions on matters to present to the commissioners relating to activities of the secretariat.
Activities of the Committee are guided by the priorities set by the Commission. As such they are congruent with enacting the mandates of inculcating S&T in the country’s productive and service industries.
- Dr. Parris Lyew-Ayee – Advisor to the Minister of Science, Energy, Telecommunications and Transport
- Dr. Charah Watson – Executive Director, The Scientific Research Council
- Mr. James Rawle – Managing Director, LASCO Manufacturing Limited
- Professor Wayne McLaughlin – Director of CARIGEN, The University of the West Indies, Mona
- Dr. Marlene Street Forrest – Managing Director, Jamaica Stock Exchange
- Hon. Robert Levy – Chairman, Jamaica Broilers Group of Companies